Here’s a short list of things I feel bad about for my generation
- Our parents never taught us how to budget
- Our parents never taught us how to use a thermostat
- Our parents never taught us about contract bills like cable, internet, or phone providers
- Many of our parents didn’t teach us how to effectively cook
- Or grocery shop
- No matter how hard we have to work, we will still be called lazy and entitled
In short, my generation is one of the least prepared to be adults and will constantly be ridiculed for trying to blunder our way through adulthood.
If anyone needs help trying to be 20-something and an adult, please let me know. I had to teach myself how to grocery shop, clean my house, cook, and every other facet of adulthood (except thermostats, those things still intimidate me). I can help with budgets or just general confusion about being independent in this topsy-turvy world.